LeMaitre Vascular, Inc. (“LeMaitre”) a United States corporation owns and operates this website: www.lemaitre.com (“Site”).
This Privacy Statement sets LeMaitre’s policies on how we may use information about you collected on our Site or otherwise.
2. Personal Data
Personal Data (“Personal Data”) is information that can identify you, such as your:
- First and last name
- Contact information, such as your address, telephone number, email address
- Interests and qualifications
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Medical device serial number
Information that does not identify you or make you identifiable is not personal data.
3. How does LeMaitre use Personal Data?
3.1 Contact Forms
LeMaitre collects the Personal Data you voluntarily consent to give us in one of the forms found on this Site or by other means not specified below:
The Personal Data you consent to provide may include your name, email, phone number, address, company/hospital, country, job history and potentially any free text you provide on the form(s) or otherwise.
We will only use your Personal Data to respond to your requests, provide you information on products, resolve product service issues, sign up for product trainings or provide other basic feedback.
We may, if applicable, use the information you provide us to send you, or your organization, information about us and promotional material about our products together with details of any offers we may have available from time to time and to monitor interest in our products. You agree to give us your contact details for this purpose.
3.2 Web Protocol
Due to the nature of the internet we are also able to see:
3.2.1 IP Address: We do not make use of your IP address in any way.
3.2.2 Cookies: Cookies are small text files sent to your browser from websites you visit. Cookies are generally stored on your browser and help to keep your settings, log ins and other customizations when you return to a particular website in the future.
3.2.3 Other Information: Potentially LeMaitre may also see type of web browser used, domain, website that referred you to LeMaitre, date & time of access, pages looked at, mobile access specific information, hardware model, unique device identifiers, or search terms entered.
4. Transfer of Personal Data to other Countries
As a company operating in several countries, LeMaitre may send or store your contact details outside of your country of origin. For example, we may share your contact information with LeMaitre colleagues located in the United States of America where data protection laws are different than those in the European Union and European Economic Area.
5. Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
The legal basis LeMaitre may rely on to process your Personal Data may include:
- Performance of a Contract: For example, to carry out our contractual obligations with you or your institution.
- Legal Obligations: For example, some countries have transparency requirements regarding medical device company’s interactions with healthcare professionals, or requirements to provide information to authorities in case of adverse events or medical incidents related to the use of our products.
- Vital Interests: For example, when processing your Personal Data is in your vital interest or required to protect your life.
- Legitimate Interests: For example, managing, operating, maintaining, and securing our websites, network systems, and other assets and their functionalities; and communicating with you to manage our business interactions.
- Consent: For example, if you agree to receive marketing communications from us or consent for us to process your Personal Data. In the event you provide your consent, you may also withdraw your consent when permitted by applicable law, if you contact us.
6. How Long Will LeMaitre keep your Personal Data for?
LeMaitre will store Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as long as required by law.
7. Your Data Privacy Rights
Depending on where you are located, you may have additional legal rights in regards to your Personal Data. LeMaitre will handle Personal Data requires in accordance with the applicable privacy laws. The exercising of your Personal Data rights will not have an adverse effect on the price and quality of our products or services.
At any time, you may have the right to know and access what Personal Data we have collected, processed, or disclosed about you. You may request to update and correct the Personal Data we have or restrict/withdraw your consent to using the information you have previously provided us. You may also request a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used and machine-readable format so it may be transmitted to another party. If you believe we are not processing your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law, you may contact the appropriate data protection authority.
Please see the Contact Details listed in Art. 15 below to exercise your rights listed above. Please note LeMaitre may ask you to provide proof of identity before we comply with your request.
8. Disclosure of Information
LeMaitre will not disclose the Personal Data that you provide on this Site to any third parties other than to a LeMaitre agent, except:
- When we have your explicit affirmative permission;
- To comply with valid legal requirements such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person;
- For purposes of adverse event reporting, product safety, or other reporting obligations; and
- To protect our rights and property.
9. Non-personal Data Use
10.1 YouTube Videos
We provide various videos on the Site for informational and educational purposes.
10.2 Social Media
This Site also provides links to our social media channels. These links are provided for your convenience. When you click on these links you will be taken directly to the social media platforms and will be leaving the Site. When you do so, the terms, conditions and policies of the social media platforms apply and not those of LeMaitre, even though you will be viewing our content on those platforms.
This website is available only to individuals who are at least 16 years old. If you are younger than 16 years old, please do not use this Site. If we become aware that any Personal Data on children has been collected, we will immediately delete this information from our records.
12. Do Not Track
You may set your internet browser to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites, ad networks and other providers about your browsing preferences. This Site honors your Do Not Track Settings and does not place tracking cookies on your browser.
Our Site incorporates safeguards using industry standard technology to heighten the security, accuracy, and privacy of any Personal Data we have collected. We use reasonable precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. You understand that the security of electronic communication and storage cannot be guaranteed. LeMaitre cannot and does not guarantee the information you provide on the Site will be absolutely secure from hacking, theft or other intrusion.
14. Policy Change
15. Contact Details
If at any time you wish to contact LeMaitre with any questions or comments or to exercise any of your rights set out in this privacy statement or to which you are legally entitled, you may do so by contacting LeMaitre through this form: https://www.lemaitre.com/privacy-policy/form
Or by post:
LeMaitre Vascular, Inc.
32 Third Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Tel: +1 781-221-2266
Fax: +1 781-425-5049
If you do not want to receive email or other consumer communications from us, please let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.